Tuesday 22 August 2017

More produce



As you can see I have had a glut of marrows, the trouble is that they have all come more or less at the same time. I did mention it earlier that the small marrows were rotting off due to the very damp weather. Now I can see that there is one more on the plants and that will be that so I am a little disappointed but at least I have had several marrows on which I thought I would not get any.
The other photo is of my plums. they are called Early Laxton and are very nice indeed. To be honest I have never seen any other plums of that name. I keep trying to think just where I bought the the young tree, I think it was from Morrison's because they used to sell young trees a few years ago. Mind you this is at least 12 years old and it is severely pruned regular but I have to be careful because with Plum Trees they are only to be summer pruned and if too much they will perish.
 I gave next door some of my larger onions and a marrow, I also picked yet another cucumber which he was impressed at the size, I cutit off the plant and it was still warm when I gave the bundle to him.
Tomorrw I go to the Surgery not in the surgery but there is a Van which is there for Diabetic eye tests. Well not tests as such but they put drops in to make your pupils enlarge, you then have to read just like an eye test and after that they photo your eyes. With the drops it makes your  vision a bit blurred for several hours so I will not be looking forward to the process. Thank goodness it is only once a year that it happens unless they find problems. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment