Tuesday 15 August 2017

Feet

Today I had an appointment with the Podiatrist in Mablethorpe. I was a little early and the lass was a few minutes late but she was nice and told me her name was Hannah.
 She was thorough and started with checking what sort of pulse I had in both my feet and ankles. She mentioned that it was a strong pulse for my age. Next she checked the sensitivity of my feet. Fist using a thin piece of metal looking although not metal. she did say to me that it was like tickling my feet with a feather. I passed that also then she showed me a double edged piece of wood, one end was blunt and the other end was sharp. She told me I had guessed right then it came to my toenails. She explained that some looked to have  a fungal disease and some were alright but added that as far as she was concerned they were fine but if I asked she would take a sample and send it off for  analysis but I told her that as far as I was concerned my feet didn't cause me a problem and she agreed that to let sleeping dogs lie as she put it. Then she asked me how old I was and when I said I was 80 she was surprised saying that I was a young looking 80. She let me know that she was going to print out a summary and that if I had any problems in the future just let the authorities know and she would see me again but as things stood she didn't wish to see me again. That was good news to me.
 Thses last few days I have produced a few marrows, I have already picked 3 one weighing 6lb with a further 2 more or less ready and a couple will be ready within the week. I am also getting enough runner beans for me to eat twice a day and a few extra for the neighbour.
 Talking of the neighbour, the Guy who moved in about 2 years ago told me that his apples though red were cookers because they were sour. I told him they would be sour for they most certainly not ripe yet. The best way, I told him to check if the fruit was ripe was to cup your hand and gently lift the apple and if the apple came away from the tree it was ready. He seemed surprised but I told him that most of mine would not be ready yet and the Braeburn apple would not be ready until October. He told me he would leave them on the tree to ripen. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment