Thursday 3 August 2017

Problems but solved

This morning I received a letter from my Private Pension provider stating that due to a revised Tax code I would be charged Income Tax on my £48+ a month. It stated that if I was sure that an error had occured ring HM. Customs and Revenue. Now I don't know if anyone has had the pleasure of contacting the said Company but to start there are a few questions that last about 5 minutes. After that you are in a queue. I guess I was lucky for it was a wait of about 30 minutes.
 A very nice lass asked me what the problem was but before anything could be done there are several hurdles to jump. Fist was your NI number followed by your full name, then address and age plus the code that the letter had.
 I then explained that my Tax code had been adjusted so she went into my Account and I mentioned that the new code was T14. She immediately informed me that this was incorrect, I concurred because I told her that my income was far below the tax threshold which she readily agreed. She then informed me that the fault was at the Private Pension Provider. I then asked her what I should do. She then advised me to contact them and inform them that the fault lay with them.
 So it was back to my Private Pension Provider but I was on hold for ages and eventually a request was offered for a call back which I accepted. Well over 90 minutes later contact was made. I explained what had happened but the Lady informed me that the Operator who dealt with those problems was in a meeting but she would contact me later.
 As I had to go to the Dentist I let her know that I would not be available from 3.00.pm. until around 4.00.pm. The Dentist was nice as always but booking another appointment is murder. The Dentist told me that she wished to see me next week but the soonest an appointment could be made was the end of August. Anyway I made my way back home.
 No sooner had I got inside the home when the phone rang. It was the Lady who was dealing with my problem but the news was bad for the Man who she spoke to was adamant that the new code was correct. She then told me that the new code was pinged down as all is done electronically. She then suggested that I contact HM Customs and Revenue. I told her I had already got hold of them with difficulty and explained what had happened. Give her credit she then told me she would try once more to contact the Company  but she would try to let me know the outcome.
 About 15 minutes later the phone rang and sure enough it was the Lady again. I immediately let her know that she was very quick. She then let me know she had spoken to another woman who was helpful, not like the man before she let me know. The outcome is that I will get a refund on what has already been charged and as I am well below the Tax threshold I will, as I have done for over 20 years receive my Private Pension in full. I hope this is the end to the matter. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment