Tuesday 29 August 2017

!st. Class Service

Today I had to go first to the surgery at 11.10.am. then off to the Dentist at 12.10.am. I decided to get at the surgey early just in case there was a cancellation but when I arrived at reception a Man was there, obviously in some sort of bother because he was there for well over 5 minutes discussing his problems. Eventually anothe receptionist came to the next window and asked if she could help. I told her my name and also told her the Nurse I was booked in to see and then asked if the nurse was running late because I had another appointment in Mablethorpe within the hour and it was about 8 miles away. She then checked and told me that I was next.
 I waited no more than a minute or dso when the Nurse called me in. Immediately she said it was ages since she had last seen me and she was about to come out to see if I was waiting to book in when she had notice that I had arrived. We passed pleasantries and I asked her if she had the day off yesterday as it was   a Bank Holiday, she told me the Surgery was closed so she had a nice walk along the sea front and thoroughly enjoyed her day off. I suggested that she took the blood first which she readily agreed. It didn't take long then she asked me to take my top off for I was having an ECG. She put the sensors on and went back to her computer and asked me to relax. I was told that the ECG and blood test would take 22 minutes but it was completed in less than 10 minutes.
 She showed me the message that the Receptionist had originally written in BOLD letters noting that I had another appointment in Mablethorpe within the hour. The Nurse then informed me that the whole examination had taken less than 10 minutes.
 She informed me that as far as she was concerned all was normal but the Doctor had ordered several tests including B12 Ferritin Kidneys, Heart and some more which I forget. She told me that the Doctor was on holiday at the moment so she would send the results to another Doctor. I let her know that I would prefer to see the Lady Doctor as she was so young and bubbly. With that the Nurse told me that she was jealous of her because she looked so young and slim which indeed she does. Anyway I thanked her but before I left she did book me in to see the Lady Doctor next month then it was on my way.
 As I had been early I decided to get my State Pension, I also called at the local  warehouse more or less to kill time then it was off to the Dentist.
 I couldn't understand why there were so many folks seated where we wait for the assistant to call one in for the appointment with the Dentist. I soon found out however why there were so many folks there. What they were doing was those people with Diabetes were having their eyes examined so most of them had someone with them but it wasn't too long before I was called in.
 It was the final fitting and the Dentist asked me if I was happy with the feel and looks of the dentures and informed me that next time would be the final time and I would be asked to pay for the dentures which I did understand. I did ask her if I could change the inspection from December to March next year as I would have the final fitting in September, she readily agreed and told me to have a word with the receptionist and told me she was looking forward to seeing me soon.
 At reception I asked if I could cancel my December appointment and book another appoitment in March next year. She did that straight away and printed it out for me. So I go in about 2 weeks time to have my new dentures let us hope these are alright. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment