Thursday 24 August 2017

Eyes Photographed

Yesterday at the appointed time I arrived at the Surgery car park where the Van is positioned for patients to call. As I walked to the Van I was surprised to see another Lady enter it only holds up to 4 people for they work on a strict basis of time.
 As I entered there were 3 other people there but shortly after one Lady was called in to examination part, she was in there about 5 minutes which is unusually long for it takes about a minute or so to photograph your eyes. She came out saying that the system was not working but I was immediately called in. I first had an eye test then drops were put into the pupils. They are a lot better now for they only sting for a few seconds. I was then told to wait in the waiting area. I heard him talking on his mobile and after about 10 minutes the Lady was called in  and soon after she left saying that the computer was working again.
 Then it was my turn, the Man, incidentally who was very pleasant apologised for the delay and then explained he had replaced some programme and all was now back to normal. I was only in for about 2 minutes maximum and that it was then all over.
 The trouble is that when you have drops put in your eyes it makes your vision sort of out of focus, this lasts for about 3 hours so when I came back home I decided to make some plum jam. I made a fraction over 3lb. and used a little over 1.1/2 lbs. of sugar so all in all it cost me less than 50p a lb. I can't understand why other people don't grow some fruit bushes if it is only an eating apple. They don't grow too large and after a couple of years they will crop fairly well and each year after they get heavier cropping. With my apple trees I will save at least £1.50p each week on the cost of apples and of course they are fresher as you pick them off when they ripen. I should not buy any eating apples until way after Christmas.
 A few days ago I ordered some more bird seed and as they were dispatched a couple of days ago I began to wonder just where the order had gone to. I was lucky for I went outside my front and noticed a guy taking some boxes next door, I couldn't see exactly who the delivery van belonged to as my Lilac trees blocked the view so I went to the edge of my driveway and noticed it was Yodel, the delivery I should have so as the guy got into the van I shouted to him if he had anything for me. He looked and realised that he had delivered to the wrong property. He apologised profusely but I noticed that he had a foreign accent. Anyway I have managed to get my bird seed.
 The lad came round to see if I had a cucumber for them so we went to see if I had one ready, I had one a little small, to be honest it wanted about 2 or 3 days longer. The lad whilst we were looking in the greenhouse told me that on Monday he was having te day off. August Bank Holiday already? Where has the summer months gone? As one gets older the years seem to go by at a gallop. I wonder how many at my age are making their own bread and producing jam. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment