Tuesday 8 August 2017

Doctor's appointment

Friday morning I had an appointment with a Doctor, when I booked in I didn't think to ask if it was a Male or Female however I didn't have to wait long before I was called in to find a nice young Female Doctor.
She was  very bubbly but efficient, she checked my heart and lungs then had a look at my ankles which have been swelling for some time but after a night's sleep the swelling is reduced. She then informed me that she would request  a blood test together with an ECG and would let me know the outcome when the results came back.
 When I went out to reception the earliest date was August 29th. at 11.10.am. so I let the receptionist that would be alright. It is sods law, for when I got back home I checked my diary only to find that I already had an appointment for that day but at the Denial Surgery but this was an hour later.
 On Monday I had arranged a delivery of LPG so had to wait until it had been delivered, this was because I had informed the lady on the phone that I would pay the driver cash. The delivery came just before Noon and as soon as he had done I went back to the Surgery to ask just how long the appointment would likely to be on the 29th. of August for I had another appointment in Mablethorpe an hour later.
 As usual the receptionist was very helpful and after I let her know of my predicament she actually made a note so that if the Nurse was running late I would be informed as the appointment was for 25 minutes. The journey to Mablethorpe Dental Surgery takes around 20 minutes so time is tight.
 This morning I went to Louth Hospital for an appointment over my Ulcerative Colitis, I saw the same Sister who I saw last year, she is very nice and understands all about the illness I have because her Husband also has the illness. Before I was seen I had to wait in reception and I noticed a Lady similar to my age, perhaps  a few years younger, as she noticed me she smiled so I went over next to her and we began talking. The first topic was the weather as it was raining quite sharp. She began saying the weather had been so wet this year and mentioned she lived at Sandilands only about 3 miles from me. She then went on to say her begonias had suffered from the recent heavy rains then went on to mention the greenhouse saying that her tomatoes were late and very slow to ripen. The only thing sher had plenty of was cucumbers. I then told her that it was the first year I had grown a named variety as my mate had given me a plant prior to me buying the seeds, I told her that they were called Burpless and that I had at least 19 off the one plant. She then told me that she had the same problem and finding those who would want a few cucumbers was limited. Before we had to talk further she was called in so the conversation ended.
 By the time my appointment finished the rain was getting heavier but I still left the area a £1 the richer as the car park machines were out of action.  Anyway I made my way to Aldi and picked up a few item s then made my way home. The rain was extremely heavy and the roads were very wet, I didn't go above 50 mph. maximum and in general it was 40 mph.  Anyway I got home safely and looked out at my garden, needless to say puddles were formed in several areas. I feel sorry for those on Holiday with children as there is little to do to keep them occupied in a Caravan. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment