Thursday 10 August 2017

Even more

These last couple of days have been very poor, dull very widy, wet at times and no sun at all, meaning that it was cold. I checked the water gauge this morning which incidentally was fine and saw that over the last 2 days we had just about 1.5".
 Yesterday I had yet another appointment by post I can't remember just how many appointments I have had but I know that I will have at least 2 more appointments within the next 4 weeks. I also have to book a routine Blood test for the Hospital.
 I have picked my first marrow this morning and although it was not large it tasted very nice indeed. I also picked yet another cucumber, I have cut the growth so that I guess I will only get another 4 or so cucumbers.
 Yesterday the lad didn't go to work because of the rain, he caught me as I was going to the recycle bin and had a word, the Carer also was there and invited me for a coffee. I had one there before but I didn't like it I guess it was a  coffee a sort of modern type so I let her know I would come round in about 30 minutes but all I wished was a weak black coffee.
 I duly went round and during the conversation she let me know that she was thinking of installing solar panels but not only on the bungalow but in the land at the side of her bungalow. I did remind her that I had recommended her property was ideally placed. I knew this because the Man who came to survey my place for solar panels told me it was a pity I didn't live next door because it was in a perfect position.
 I informed her that the cost would be many thousands of £s for a large area to be covered but I did not know what the payment was. I did tell her that at today's rate the Feed in Tariff, FIT as it is better known was 4.14p per kwh.If she did not have a smart meter the export tariff would be 5.03p per kwh. This is assuming that one would get 50% which is the norm. It is also guaranteed for 20 years with an annual increase inline with RPI. We will see what happens but she let me know that she had asked a certain man who my mate had to visit him, needless to say he was not impressed. I had asked him to call but he didn't bother. I did tell her that and insisted that she get more than 1 quote. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment