Tuesday 29 June 2010

Another hot day

Today has once again been too hot for me, muggy as well. The postman came to bring post, he is a gardener and was also complaining about the heat. Some vegetables are beginning to wilt because not only the lack of rain, but also the intense heat.

I have taken 3 photos and hopefully I will have them posted on the same blog. One is spot the butterfly, it was taken a couple of days ago. It is of a Painted Lady butterfly. They come from the continent and are a little early this year. There is also a photo of some of my pretty flowers. It is a cottage garden variety of flowers. These include Erigerons, Scabious, Antirrinums, Aquilegias, Pot Marigolds, Pinks, Californian Poppy and Spirea shrub. Not forgetting my greenhouse with an update of my grapevine. I personally think there are far too many bunches of grapes on the vine but as this is my first attempt I must take notice of my Italian friend. He told me to leave all of them on. I have thinned some out though as a few were too small. They look quite large but I can assure you that they are only the size of a garden pea. I will keep all informed as to how they progress. I must admit that I am a little concerned because of the lack of rain. Only time will tell. By the way it was him that gave me a cutting of the grapevine.

Tomorrow, I go to have my eyes photographed. This is to do with diabetes. They put drops into your eyes to enlarge your pupils so I may not write a blog tomorrow as seeing is not as good for several hours after. Will update when possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment