Tuesday 22 June 2010

Nice day

Todayhas been a very nice day. I had a haircut this morning, then dug a foot of potatoes up from the polytunnel. Although they do not crop as heavy as outdoor ones they are so much earlier. Alos as I live alone, there is more than enough for me. The photo shows 1 root and the weight was just under 2 lb. 500gms. Also I managed to pick over 8oz 250gms of strawberruies. I will not eat them as my colitis is not good. I will try to make some Strawberry jam. Also shown but not very good I must agree are some raspberries, I will add a few with the strawberries to help the jam to set. I have also shown a few climbing french beans with a cabbage, this was set last autumn, it is called Advantage F1. You can set them almost all year. Set in late autumn they will give you some vegetable when there is nothing much about.
I went this afternoon to the dentist. I had a tooth crack slightly. It is due to my colitis, I am losing all of my minerals including calcium. Well the dentist looked and said to me that he could fill it for me as it was so small. I readily agreed and he did it there and then. It took no more than a few minutes to do and when I went to the receptionist she asked me for £48.70. Well I think thet was the amount she asked me for. I informed her I did not have that amount of money on me as I was astounded at the cost of the treatment as it is the National Health. As I came home I was working it out just how much it cost a minute. I guessed I was in the chair for 6 minutes and that meant the cost per minute was well over £7.50 a minute. About £500 an hour on that rate. Just about what a footballer would get. It was almost 50% of my weekly pension. I paid most of the money and informed her that when next I was in the area, I would pay the remaining £20. She seemed happy at the suggestion so I will go and pay up sooner rather than later. Such is life. More about my garden soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment