Monday 28 June 2010

Too hot for me.

Well these last few days have been so oppressive and to be honest I have not felt 100%.
I have a flare up of Ulcerative Colitis and I am due to see my consultant on Tuesday of next week. I am wondering if the time is near when I will have to go and have surgery No doubt the consultant will give me more information when I see him. This Wednesday I go to have my eyes photographed. It is called Diabetic Retinopathy Screening. I have also been invited to take part in a study research . I am inclined though not to take part as it was the National Health that has been the cause of my illness. I will though give it serious thought though. I will keep all informed.
My garden is suffering through the lack of rain and intense heat. For the fist time I have noticed my broad beans wilting in the heat, also the runner beans are not setting. It is common knowledge that runner beans do not like the weather too hot. I took a photo of my shallots today, they will be posted probably tomorrow. They are usually ready on the longest day of the year, give a few days. This year because of the late frosts they will not be ready for a week or so. I have a few ready and they are drying off but they were in the polytunnel.
I have covered my cherries with netting, the one in the orchard, they will soon be ready, certainly not nearly as many as last year but should still get quite a few. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment