Tuesday 28 September 2010

Just a short note

Today I had a delivery of the new Gas Central Heating Boiler. It is LPG and is supposed to be a very energy efficient one, I hope they are right because I had a letter from my supplier today informing me that prices had increased by 3p a litre. I am tied in with them until around June next year. Well I rang up and asked them to justify the increase so early, the usual waffle was spoken, he did not know what to say though when I informed him that on the web a price of less than 40p was guaranteed until the end of September. I was now being charged 49p. I informed him that it was almost certain that any increase would not bring the price to what I was now being charged. I guess I will be looking around for a new supplier next year.
Weather is supposed to be awful tomorrow, the gas men are due to start installing the new boiler, at least it is not as cold as it was at the week end. Will keep all informed. More soon.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck!

    Is your LPG propane or butane?

    I believe there is a difference in the calorific value and I know that butane has a much higher freezing temperature since when I owned a narrowboat with LPG on it I chose propane so that I'd be OK to use it in the winter. Otherwise, with the stuff outside (bow locker on a boat since it had to be outside the living cabin) butane would apparently turn to jelly - which, of course, no boiler can burn.

    Incidentally I think you would have a claim against this company - talk to your Trading Standards Officer at your local council. At the very least they'll tell you whether the firm has acted within the law or not with this advertised price you speak of.

    ReplyDelete