Tuesday 21 September 2010

Wonderful day weather wise

I could not believe just how warm it has been today. Even now at dusk it is almost 19c. Unfortunately the runner beans suffered the very cold week end and if the weather stays this way, I will get more beans in about a week. Unfortunately, tomorrow is the last nice day forecast. As we all know it is the autumn equinox when the hours of daylight and darkness are the same. From tomorrow onwards it brings winter nearer. Back to the weather, after tomorrow which is supposed to be similar to today, Thursday is going to be dull and rainy and on Friday a cold northerly wind takes over and the week end is going to be cold. Don't know yet if any frosts are forecast. Hope not though.
My neighbour called and gave me 6 new laid eggs, she then told me she had been to the beach, about 2 km away. A little more than a mile. She told me there were lots of people there. I was surprised and told her so as around here it is generally known as a summer only holiday area and when the children are not at school, then it is busy, weather permitting.
At least tomorrow will be nice and warm, that is good for me as I go for a blood test so I can wear just a light top saving me from getting half undressed when I go to the treatment room.
Will be pleased when I get my new central heating boiler fitted. I hope it is nice and warm when they do it as it will take 2 days. It is at the end of the month.
Just a little note on my garden. Well fuchsias really. Last year near the end of September my Italian friend gave me some cuttings. I nurtured them , kept most of them indoors during the cold winter we had, planted them out early this year, it has been such a disappointing year. I think I had originally took 24 cuttings with the plants. To be honest, the ones that have done best are the ones that die off completely then grow each year. Mind you, they have been poor. It is only now that there are a few of the cuttings that may have the odd flower on but several just died. I think it was the extreme hot and dry early May and June. Most will have forgotten that by now. I will soon start to dig them up and once again try to save them for another year. Oh well another topic soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment