Thursday 2 September 2010

More usless things

Now in my last blog I mentioned that I had a Jack Russell dog and the same breed had attacked my neighbours chickens. What I did not mention to you was this. I had left my last place of work and had a Seafront Kiosk. My dog had recently died, anyway this young woman came in and we got talking. It was unusual to see a single young woman up there so I asked her what she did for a living. She informed me that she was a dog psychologist. She went on to say that the Afghanhound was the most stupid of all dogs but she managed to train them. I then informed her that I had once a dog that would test her skills. She asked me what sort of dog I had. When I told her a Jack Russell she immediately retorted that they were the most difficult dog to train as they had a mind of their own. I did tell this to my neighbour and told her that the owner really has to keep a wary eye on the dog. Better still I think, her partner should hurry up and get the gun.
Now to other matters. I have been in the process of purchasing a new car on the internet. About 2 months ago I told the man what colour car I wanted and sent another e-mail asking him to order car mats if none were fitted. Well a week ago I sent a reminder asking how the job was progressing as I had been informed that there would be a delay of up to 8 weeks. The reply was not what I expected. He told me that as I had not placed a firm order he had done nothing and asked if I still wished to proceed. I of course said yes. He then came back with news that was not good. The new car had increased by about 4% and the price for my car had decreased by 12.5%. I informed them not to bother. This is not the first time I have dealt with them, however I do think it will be the last.
More about money. Today, I went to Grantham to visit my sisters. As I had not been there for so long I had to get some petrol prior to leaving home. I went to the local garage and to my dismay saw the price of unleaded fuel was 1.20per litre. Diesel was a couple of pence more. I went and filled up at Asda in Grantham and to my surprise the cost was 10p a litre cheaper. here we are in the country, a vehicle is vital and we are charged a huge amount more for fuel. I wonder if the powers to be know just how much difference there is between the city or town life to the country village life. That is my gripe for now. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment