Tuesday 14 September 2010

Nothing much

Over the last few days, nothing much has happened, I think this is mainly due to the weather, although I must admit I do not go out much at all.
I do feel guilty though about not visiting my friends who took over my old business in 1998. They still keep in contact so I must make an effort to travel to see them. I may kill 2 birds with one stone as I have to go to hospital on Thursday morning. I will call to see my Italian friend on the way back and may take a small detour to see the friends at the kiosk.
My American friend has wrote on his blog that they have had plenty of rain. It is not just in the USA it is here too. Windy to go with it but to be honest it has been nice and mild.
Still getting plenty of runner beans, also tomatoes are still ripening well. I have picked a marrow this afternoon will post a photo of it another time. It weighed just over 2 kilos almost 4 1/2 lbs. Must admit I have not done as well with the marrows, like many other veg this year, it has been a frustrating season. My leeks though look well and my sprouting broccoli which I have protected from the cabbage white butterflies look well too.
Gave my neighbour a bunch of grapes on Saturday, she was impressed with them or so she said, my neighbour the other side has yet to be given some. Must admit though they are getting nice and sweet.
Finally for now, I think I mentioned it before but I had a self setter tomato plant in my polytunnel. I just let it grow and really neglected it for ages. I eventually started to water it when I saw flowers on the plant. Now the tomatoes are nice and large, some are beginning to ripen, the only downside is that the plant, which I never staked has collapsed. I will though get tomatoes off it. Will keep all informed. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment