Wednesday 8 September 2010


These potatoes were left in the polytunnel to ripen and what I have in the ground will be lifted and then should last me until the turn of the year.


I am not happy about the quality of the picture. This was taken about a week ago when I went to see my sister. I hope to take a better shot of the grapes later.
Now to other matters, yes we did get the heavy rain and gale force winds. It has incidentally made the runner beans grow like never before.
I do not know if I have mentioned it before but I have a LED TV. The main reason I bought it was for the economy as it uses less power than LCD TVs they in turn use less power than Plasma TVs. Back to the story. It is great when there is a golf, cricket or football as it is shown in actual movement. With a lot of LCD TVs they show like a blur or a trail not showing the ball until it starts to slow down.
My only gripe is the remote control. It is fully run like a computer. There is a pairing to get it started, this took ages to work but to be honest it has been working well, that is until yesterday. All of a sudden it just stopped working. I naturally thought it was the batteries. I changed them not once but twice, still no joy. I then tried to reset it by pressing the pairing button. Still nothing. Out comes the instruction book. It has over 100 pages and it is in very small print. Well I eventually found the help telephone number. I duly rung the number and to be honest, was not kept waiting long before I spoke to a guy called Max. He was very helpful but for anyone who has tried to ask for any help, they have a script and go through each stage. He asked me to confirm the serial number and product number. This took me ages, all Max kept saying was "Take your time". Eventually after every avenue was exhausted he then stated that he thought it best if another remote control unit would be forwarded to me. It would though take up to 14 days. I asked him where he was talking from. I would have never guessed where he would say but it turned out that he was speaking from Cairo in Egypt. Small world indeed! Incidentally the whole episode took about one hour of my time on the telephone. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment