Friday 10 September 2010

A quickie

Yesterday my friend called to see me. Typical, also called was my Italian friend. The first thing he wanted to see was my grapes. I was quite surprised when he told me that they looked well and he was pleased how the vine had progressed. This has made me sure that the grapes will not be large at all. They will however get a lot sweeter as he told me that if left on the vine until late September or early October, they will get nice and sweet.
My friend was all ears as my Italian friend gave me 3 cuttings and I gave my friend one, I told him what to do but unfortunately did not follow my instructions fully. Thus making his vine a year behind mine. Next year he should have grapes on his vine.
Today to my surprise I had a delivery, yes a replacement remote control for my TV. This came out of the blue as I was informed that it would take between 7 and 10 days. Three cheers for Samsung. It was dispatched the same day I spoke to a guy called Max in Cairo. It is a little more modern and a lot easier to use.
Now to an update on my securities. Shares in other words. Anyone who reads regularly you will know that I went into the Stock Market and purchased share in some Companies. Well I must inform you that today I have sold all of my share in Severn Trent for a small profit. Well not that small really as I have only had them since 14th July this year. Well I have made about £700 profit. Now all I have at the present are Aviva, United Utilities, National Grid and Vodafone.. When I purchase more shares in another Company I will inform all.
Weather recently has not been good and today was no different, dull and rainy for most of the day but the good news is that it is not cold. Tomorrow is supposed to be only fair but Sunday should be better. We live in hopes. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment