Monday 25 October 2010

Funny period

This week end was not the best weather wise. Saturday it rained and on Sunday, it was supposed to be mainly dry but on the coast we had intermittent rain showers, the ground never managed to get dry. This morning as it broke daylight the temperature dropped. I went into the garden to pick some carrots, they were muddy because of all the rain we have had, I have a couple of small stainless steel containers which I let get full of water so I can wash my veg. Well this morning, the first time this winter there was a thin film of ice forming. I guess that is it for the runner beans, I think the tomatoes in the greenhouse will be O K though.
I forgot to mention it but on Friday, my friend bought me another block paving cleaning tool. I could not use it over the week end so I thought I would explore the net for another car. I did so with a couple of web sites. I wrote to one and then phoned the site, but although they said they would get back to me, they didn't do so. However this morning I had a phone call and a nice guy spoke to me. I told him what car I wanted and he told me that he would find out when the car would be available, I also informed him that I wished to part exchange my car. A Peugeot 207 G. T. 150 HTP. Thuis was about 10.15am.
Several hours later he contacted me again. I summised that he had problems as he had been so long. The upshot of it all is that no car will be available until January next year. It seems that no cars are being produced, well he told me this, without a firm order. I guess that is the way the situation is at present. Anyway, he offered me a fair price for my old car. Although they do not take cars themselves they use agents who have contacts.
Later he sent me an e-mail with all details concerning the car, I have decided to purchase the car, when it is ready, sometime in January next year so I have tonight written a cheque for £350.00p as a commitment to purchase so now the car will be ordered. Now I must wait and see what happens next.
As to my cleaning of my driveway, well the remainder of it., I managed to get about 30 minutes of work done. This is plenty for me. Mind you, I can see the difference the new cleaner does. Will probably have to do it again early spring next year. Something different tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. We don't have a greenhouse but in the spring were given four tomato plants by a friend. We had chronic slugs and snails in our gardens so we took suitable precautions.

    Anyway, having produced a load of green fruit, many individual tomatoes had bits of rot or other blight on them. It was about a month ago that we stripped the plants off and brought what fruit was usable into the kitchen. After washing and drying we put them in a newspaper-lined cardboard box - and subsequently about half of those have been edible.

    Certainly we had our first ground frost yesterday morning so we're glad we salvaged what we could. Hope yours do rather better!

    ReplyDelete