Monday 4 October 2010

Quiet times

Not a lot has been happening lately. I did forget to mention it but on Thursday while the gas men were here a robin somehow flew into the bathroom. We managed to open the window and out it went none the worse for it's experience.
In the garden, I have managed to pick and store all of my eating apples. Sunset they are called, supposed to be a northern type of Cox's Orange Pippin. Better suited to the weather. My Bramley apples are huge and I gave some to my next door neighbour, the one who supplies me with eggs. The neighbour on the other side caught hold of me on Saturday informing me that she was going away on holiday and could I inform the postman where to leave her mail. She has no letterbox in her door, can't understand why though. I did manage to see him today and inform him so all will be O k with mail. Incidentally she is going to Australia for 1 month. Missing the poor wet weather we are having.
Contaced my friend tonight arranging for him to look at my gas fire, he will be here on Thursday, I informed him that he must be early morning as early afternoon I have a flu jab. Hope he gets here early Thursday morning, he seems to think it will be an easy job. We will wait and see. As far as I know the central heating is working O K and I was pleased I chose British Gas to install the appliance as it was done to my satisfaction. See what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment