Wednesday 20 October 2010

Quickie

After the last blog, I think it best just to write a quick note.
Yesterday, my friend from Derbyshire came to see me, his wife dropped him off and then came back later. We had a good old talk about old times. I did mention to him that as he is in his mid 70s I was surprised that he had bought a tourer caravan, also he had to buy anothe car as the one he had was really not powerful enough. I said to him that most people would think about getting rid of their tourer, not beginning to start touring at his age. He then reminded me that his wife is over 20 years younger than him. I said no more. We went out in the garden and I gave him some tomatoes, cooking apples and a bunch of grapes. His wife then arrived and time seemed to fly by, it was almost dark when they left. It was nice to see him again. His wife was enthralled by the grapes and tasted them, commenting on their sweetness and how juicy they were. I said that the longer they were left on the vine, the sweeter they became.
Today has been a very cold day for October, I think my friend and his wife will be making their way back home. Caravans are not the warmest places when it is cold. More soon.

2 comments:

  1. Caravans don't have either the level of insulation nor the coal stoves of decent narrowboats which seem to be cosier, despite floating in a bath of very cold water!

    Sweet grapes - ah! good wine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, like grapes I, too, have definitely been getting sweeter with time!

    Your poor friend. Most of us in that age range would prefer to find a spot to sit and take root! heehee....

    ReplyDelete