Friday 29 October 2010

Driveway done

Yesterday I finally finished my driveway, I am pleased the way it looks. While I was out the neighbour came to see me with her paving brush, yes she had bought one. She is pleased with the way it cleans the moss out of the blocks but once again said it was so labour intensive. Still that is my driveway completed and should last until the spring next year.
Today, I lifted the potatoes out of my polytunnel, I will be honest and say that I was a little disappointed, there was an awful lot of potatoes that were so small. I did not realise how unwell I was, it is obvious to me that I had not given them sufficient water. I do now feel somewhat better. My consultant has given me some extra medication and for now it is helping me.
Anyway back to the potatoes, the ground was bone dry, so it was obvious to me that I had failed in looking after the potatoes, they were first early potatoes, Arran Pilot. They do keep well in the ground as a rule and are excellent boiling potatoes, but I only managed to get a few lbs of potatoes. I was lucky as my friend bought me a sack of potatoes ther last time he came. He will not be calling next week as hopefully he is having a new energy saving boiler fitted. Different to me though, I had to pay but had it fitted within about 3 weeks he has been waiting since the late winter. I hope for his sake they do get and do the job, they should start on Wednesday November 3rd. Will keep you informed of the progress, or lack of it. Now I will tomorrow, go ansd water the polytunnel so that when I set my produce, the ground will be well prepared. I guess that is it for today, just to say although it was dry and mild, it was just like night all day. A typical late November day. Tomorrow should be brighter . Let's hope so.
P.S.When I went outside the front door yesterday morning I noticed some rose cuttings, I immediately set them, let us hope at least one grows. They are cuttings from a beautiful yellow rose with an old fashioned scent. Wonderful. My neighbour confirmed that they were cuttings from the yellow rose. Here's hoping. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment