Monday 1 November 2010

Autumn

Well the week end has come and gone, I was outside on Saturday filling my green waste bin, we here have 3. One is green waste, another is for cardboard paper, some plastics and tins. The third is for kitchen waste and plastics that are not recycleable. To be honest I very rarely put out my kitchen waste bin, I use a supermarket bag, this is sufficient. The bins are emptied every fortnight. Unfortunately the green waste bin will soon not be collected again until March or April next year.
As with all European Countries, here we put back our clocks 1 hour, I noticed that in the USA the clocks had not been put back, I was wondering if they had ceased the operation and was going to ask my American friend when I heard someone say on CBC I think it was, that here in Europe had put our colcks back early this year and they were putting their clocks back this coming week end. As everybody knows here it falls on the last Saturday in October and this year was as late as it could be.
The weather has been a little kinder this late Autumn, so much so that I will probably have a taste of runner beans, I still have plenty of Tomatoes and outside the beetroot are still growing so I should get another few feeds.
I think my neighbour has returned from her holiday in Australia, I went out in the garden this morning and I noticed washing out on her line, I guess I will get to know all when I see her next, it will not be before Friday though.
By the way, my American friend has a blog, he is an accomplished photographer and his blog I think is called And the days dwindle down. It is an enlightening read, well worth a visit.
Tomorrow I may ring my friend to see if he has heard from the gas men about the fitting of a replacement boiler. Will keep all informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment