Tuesday 16 November 2010

Shock

Before I talk about things, I must make a comment. I just saw on T V an advert by I think Wonga. It was about the cost of borrowing money. The payback if nothing out of the ordinary was done was in excess of 2000%. I was staggered, I thought this sort of charging had been abolished.
Now, I said that I had heard nor seen any fireworks this year. This now is not true, on Saturday November 13th, about 7.45pm there was a lot of noise, I realised that there was fireworks being let off. No fire though as far as I could see. The letting off of fireworks lasted for about 45 minutes. I guess it would have cost an awful lot of money. On Sunday morning I noticed several spent rockets on my back yard. Where the fireworks were let off was about 3 houses away, but the wind was blowing perfect for the fireworks to finish up in my garden. There were also other cartridges found, mind you the wooden rocket sticks come in handy for sticking young fuschia plants.
As it was a reasonable day, I did a little tidying up for the winter, a sad time I always think. Anyway I have some more clearing up to do and I still do not know if the next green waste will be the last for this year. I will ask my friend who has told me he will, all being well be here on Thursday. I rung him up last night and he told me the electricians had just left, so he has now had the installation completed. More soon.

1 comment:

  1. Last year the guy who had rented the end house (next to the park) took his 12 or 13 y/o son and a box of fireworks into the park and ended up with a small crowd of us watching and applauding!

    This year people seemed to do their own thing - apart from the football club who hosted the town's display again. Since we live halfway up a hill we could see pretty well from the bedroom window.

    Mind you - the FB doesn't think much about all the bangs.

    ReplyDelete