Tuesday 23 November 2010

Teething problems

As most will know who bother to read this will realise that I have an illness that means I lose most of my calcium.
It was because of this that on Friday I suddenly found I had swallowed a portion of one of my 5 remaining teeth. Unfortunately, this was a front molar, anyway I immediately rung the surgery and managed to get an appointment for this morning bright and early. 8.45am. This is several miles away but it was no problem. I decided to do several jobs while I was out. I went to the bottle bank, only to dispose of a coffee jar. I then went to the Medical Centre to put my repeat prescription in then booked a blood test. I am due at hospital next month and my consultant wishes to see that my blood is O.K. as I am on a toxic drug. I only have to go for blood tests now every 3 months, it started off by being every 14 days but has gradually decreased.
I went to see the dentist, thinking that he would confirm my worst thoughts, both teeth would have to be removed, one at the top and one at the bottom. I was surprised when he suggested that he would try to fill the top front tooth but admitted that the loose tooth on the bottom would have to be removed. He duly filled the top one and we are both keeping our fingers crossed. He then asked me to find my old lower denture so that he could have a false tooth fitted where the loose one is coming out, he told me that he did not know though just how long it would take. I have found the old lower denture but it has some scale on it. I will try to get something from Grantham as I hope to go there tomorrow. The next appointment is for Tuesday next week.
Finally for M. I have been in touch with my friend who was supposed to be here last week and does not know if he will be here this week either as his Mother is suffering from vertigo. I will keep my fingers crossed though. He has a lot of coffee for me. More soon.

1 comment:

  1. Well, he'd jolly well better bring your coffee!

    Bad luck on the decreasing teeth front - it comes to us all (nearly).

    ReplyDelete