Monday 29 November 2010

Snow in November


Fancy this! snow in November, at the seaside too. This is outside my front door on Sunday afternoon, it is below freezing.
I was worried that it would get a lot worse as this morning I was to have a blood test at 9.20am. The weather was a little better though, I left early for the surgery about 4 miles away as I did not know what the conditions would be like. However I was surprised, the easterly wind lifted the temperatures enough for it to not to freeze. The main road was not bad and when I arrived in the village, the roads were better and when I turned into the side road and parked. All was well because the snow was not icy. I even had time to call in at the local shop and get some milk and bananas. Mind you I was pleased to get home again. Now tomorrow I have to go to the dentist to have at least one tooth extracted and it is twice as far away and the weather forecast is not good. Still I will wait and see what tomorrow brings. More soon.

1 comment:

  1. If it's any consolation we've got it as well!

    Mind you - it was part of my delight (since I don't have to go to work and don't even drive a car) about moving to the Peak District!

    ReplyDelete