Friday 5 November 2010

Funny

These last few days I keep remembering an episode when I was at the restaurant, I smile every time I think of it, so have decided to share it with those who have nothing better to do than read my blog.
This fellow businessman used to visit me often, we were sort of friends and I knew him quite well. He had only been in business for a couple of years so I gave him tips if he asked me. What he had was a fast food takeaway.
One day he asked me if I would do him a favour, I of couse said I would if I could. He then told me that he had a young boy who was 15 working for him at week ends and wanted to know if I could save him a three course lunch on a Saturday afternoon, it would be after 3.30pm. I told him that it would be fine. I actually knew the lad who worked for him, he was a nice lad but sexually active, he would occasionally tell me of some of his conquests. This then gives you an idea of the lad. I liked him though I thought him a very nice smart young man.
Well, everything went fine and for several weeks he came in, we would then have an hour or so talking in general.
One Saturday afternoon the lad came in and asked if he could see his boss. I walked away as I did not wish to know what he wished to ask him. Within a few moments his boss just said,"Is that all? Don't come and bother me with trifles like that". I could see that the lad was a little embarrassed, but turned to leave, he got as far as the door when his boss asked him. "By the way, who won the singles final". The reply was instant "Strap on cocky"the lad replied then left. I couldn't stop laughing. As you can guess it was the Ladies Wimbledon Final. Anyone who does not know who the person is, I will gladly reply to any e-mail enquiry.
Update, managed to dispose of Lloyds Banking Group shares, for a small profit. I think I was rather fortunate as the Banking Group is being hit by government charges. More soon.

1 comment:

  1. THREE course lunch?

    Oh those were the days!

    Half a course is about all most of us burn off again these days, eh?

    ReplyDelete