Tuesday 2 November 2010

Updates

First I give you the latest about my friend who was supposed to have his new gas boiler fitted this week. Unfortunately for him he was out at the time someone phoned and his Mother who is frail took the message. It seems that they will not be at his home tomorrow as the boiler has not arrived. The message was taken yesterday, the order for installation was taken about 3 weeks ago. Mind you, the whole saga is organised by Warmfront. I use the word advisedly as they were hopeless with me. I contacted them several times and asked if I qualified for a free top up regarding loft insulation. Each time I was told in no uncertain terms, I was not eligible.
It was not until I looked at the local paper my sister sent me that I saw the advert, rung them up and was informed that I DID qualify, the insulation was duly done, I also told my best pal who used their services. I only hope that my other friend gets the boiler fitted soon as it talks of getting colder. His Mother is not too good.
Now to the latest about my securities. I thought I would gamble a little on Lloyds Banking Group, I purchased several thousand and hoped that they would appreciate a few pence so that I could make a small profit. Nothing happened during the last week or so. Today there was the third quarter statement from Lloyds stating that the last quarter had been good and that the full year should be acceptable, or words tyo that effect. I then listened to an expert who was being interviewed on a financial T.V station and he said that he thought Lloyds was a good investment, not for dividends but for the long time as they seem to have got things in place. Anyway I bought another lot. Oh dear, they gradually, well sometimes not so gradual. went lower, I now have several thousand shares that are substantially lower than when I bought them today. I must say though, I do have faith in them, it only means I must hold them for much longer. Aviva, National Grid and Vodofone are all performing well, fingers crossed. Vodofone interim figures are out next week and Aviva has just given a bullish 3rd Quarter results, so here's hoping. Will as always keep all informed. By the way I am in profit on securities that I have sold a total of £2000 and a few pence. I have one share though that is not performing well at all. Their interim is later this month, if it is not good I will cut my losses and sell them. More soon.

1 comment:

  1. The share-owning democracy!

    You're one of Thatcher's children.

    But be careful now - she's as mad as a hatter, you know!

    By the way - Pete has shares and occasionally sells and buys. I guess he must study them at work because he certainly doesn't do it at home!

    ReplyDelete