Thursday 10 March 2011

lost a day

Yesterday seems to have been lost to me and I just don't know why.
Anyway I forgot to mention it but on Tuesday I went to pay my T.V. licence. £145.50 by cash and by Pay Point. I walked in the newsagents as usual and went to another till where payment is taken. I was amazed when the proprietor said to me that they no longer dealt with Pay Point, they now use Payzone. A thing I had never heard of. Anyway I said to him I was disappointed as it was always my plan to use all local services as often as I could and if he didn't have Pay Point who did? He told me that the supermarket in the next town had this. His wife then chirped up saying that they had nothing but trouble with the system so that is why they changed. She then suggested that I could pay by cheque. I thanked them and left going to the next town's supermarket. In I went and found a supervisor and asked her if they used Pay Point which she said yes and I then asked where I could pay. She pointed to a queue and just said there. I went and joined the queue. Nothing seemed to be happening so I asked the woman in front if she had been there long. She told me nothing had moved for a few minutes. I told her that all I wanted to do was pay my T.V licence and she showed me several bills saying that is all she wanted to do. It transpired that the queue was for cigarettes and spirits plus the lottery so we had a few minutes wait. Eventually another member of the staff arrived so that there were 3 people working. All of a sudden the woman in front and I moved at the same time. I gave the lady the money and the bill. It was on that has a scanner on so that it is automatically scanned. No such luck with mine. After about 5 minutes she finally had to input all the numbers by hand. eventually I was served and I just said goodbye to the other woman and left.
Now this morning I had to see the G.P for my B.P. It was down a little, I think he helped because he had the utensil that is used for testing the wrong way round. I burst out laughing. I said to I liked seeing him as he was on of the old timers. He told me that he was soon to retire. I asked if he would do any part time work. He then informed me that he would wind down slowly, it would be easy for him to work at the surgery part time as he spent 2 days a week at Grimsby Hospital. Anyway he told me that it was much better and we shook hands and I left.
It was a much nicer day today so I decided to sow a few vegetable seeds, mind you I tripped over a piece of wood and went all my length. Thank goodness I didn't hurt myself but I had a lot of peas that had to be picked up as they were strewn all over the place. eventually I set them. covering them to save them from being eaten by mice. I came back into the house when the phone rang. It was the Dental Surgery informing me that my lower set of dentures were back. I told her that I would be there within the hour. Mind you what happened then I will tell you all tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Egads! You pay that much each year just to fund the BBC? I'd say to Parliament - "Shut them down! - and leave me alone. There are hundreds of other channels available," What I don't understand is that the BBC also derives revenues by selling their signals to cable and satellite systems all around the world. Plus they hawk their documentaries worldwide for profit. Shouldn't UK citizens get a rebate?

    ReplyDelete