Wednesday 23 March 2011

Short and sweet

Today I decided not to wait in as I have done for the last couple of days so I went to have my haircut. there was only 2 others in waiting so I did not have to wait too long.
I noticed his opening times and costs. I was fortunate as I nearly waited until this afternoon to go and have my haircut. Just as well as he closes at noon every Wednesday. The costs are £5.50 for adults, £5.00 for children under 12 and £4.00 for pensioners over 65. The price for everyone on Saturday is £5.50. Naturally I paid the £4.00. He told me that he was going to Lincoln this afternoon to buy some more hair cutters. I told him to shop around there for petrol as fuel(diesel had just increased to 1.46.9p per litre.
I came back and had my dinner. then went and did a little in the garden.
I did not mention it but the other day, I had a delivery of young trees. I planted them in pots so tomorrow, when my friend comes we will plant them in the front garden.
Late on this afternoon, I had a phone call. Yes it was from Alison about my windscreen. She told me that someone would be there tomorrow to inspect my windscreen damage to assess whether it is a stress fracture. So at least we are getting somewhere. I hope to have more positive news soon.

1 comment:

  1. I hope 'they' are going to repay you for all these journeys in connection with getting your 'chip' repaired!

    Do you know your haircut is cheap? Our one-man barber (much better than the co-op of barbers up the main street) charges £7 or £5. Mind you his reduced rate for kids goes up to 14, I think.

    Just to be nosey - what sort of trees are they?

    ReplyDelete