Monday 21 March 2011

More windscreen news

Well to be honest, not a lot more news really about my windscreen (windshield) for a special friend.
This morning I went to the local Vauxhall Dealer to see just what has happened. I had to wait for Alison to appear at her place of work for a minute or so, but when she arrived she smiled, I asked her if there was anything positive to report and she told me there was nothing, she then told me that she had not been there since Wednesday so nothing had been done. She promised me that today she would chase up everything and that she was on my side. That made me feel a little better. She promised me that she would ring me back later today with any news.
I waited in all afternoon, what a pity as it was a lovely day, definitely the best day of the year so far.
At 5.00pm. I gave up hope and to be honest was somewhat disappointed, about 5.10pm. the phone rang. It was Alison, firstly she apologised for being so late ringing me but she had spent most of the afternoon trying to get hold of a Regional Manager but all she kept getting was the answer machine. There was one piece of positive news though. She had contacted Autoglass and they had sent her an e-mail confirming what I had told her. One of her colleagues told her that this was a positive sign. She told me that the Regional Manager may wish to see the damage to the windscreen. I told her that was not a problem.
So now all I have to do is wait, hopefully tomorrow I may have news. She did tell me though that the place where she works do not fit windscreens.
On a lighter note. I asked her what time she finished work. She said that she worked from 8.00am to 6.00pm every day. I then reminded her that the other day, there was a small flat tin with about £2.00 of loose change and I suggested that this was to help pay for my windscreen replacement. Immediately she came back with the retort that it was her wages. I just laughed. I said to her this afternoon that if the money which was in the tin was her wages, she sure was paid a pittance. Let,s hope for more news tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. It really is almost as exciting as watching paint dry, isn't it?

    I do sympathise with you having to sit inside all afternoon: it's been pretty glorious here (for March) for three of the last four days - and even the fourth wasn't that bad.

    Just as well really because it's time to pay the balance for our self-catering cottage Welsh holiday in mid May.

    ReplyDelete