Friday 4 March 2011

Nothing happening

Well, for the last few days nothing has happened because of my back. My fault entirely as I had a touch of a bad back before I decided to lift and remove the old lavender which had been there for I guess well over 10 years.
I tried most proprietary brands which didn't seem to help at all. On Thursday morning I resolved to an old fashioned remedy, a hot water bottle on my back. It did ease just a little but my friend called so I could not use it during the time he was here. In fact I had to supervise him as he made my greenhouse secure from mice, well we both hope so. I had caught 5 in the greenhouse alone so here's hoping.
We did nothing else, I had promised to lift some snowdrops and also was going to give him some carrots. Neither happened but I did manage to cook him roast leg of pork with crackling which he enjoyed.
He left early in the afternoon and immediately he left out came the hot water bottle. I used it foe the rest of the night, emptying the cool water and filling it with hot water. I also went to bed with it.
This morning, I must admit I did feel a little better with my back certainly better. To be honest though, I wonder if it will be 100% successful. I am going to the surgery on Tuesday for a few tests so if it is still playing up, I will mention it.
Now about the weather. Every day this week after Sunday has been dull and very cold. That is until tonight, about 5.30pm just as it was beginning to get dark, the clouds disappeared and there was blue sky. Obviously no sun at that time of evening. I do expect though a frost. Still every day is getting closer to the spring so we live in hope. More soon.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the 'White Rabbits' were out and that's nearly a week ago now, so spring is definitely on the cards.

    And you're a silly sausage to have hurt your back. How many times have you told other people to always pick heavy things up by squatting down and keeping your back straight? tut tut!

    Mind you - what with building our model railway, housework and looking after (play fighting with!) our GSD - I'm forever injuring myself in minor ways. But I do try to remember about lifting stuff and being careful over very hot and very cold things - oh yes, and superglue!

    ReplyDelete