Tuesday 8 March 2011

Update



The first signs of spring I hope. These were taken a few days ago before we had a couple of fine sunny days. The first shows my new potatoes in the greenhouse, the second a few polyanthus. I am surprised just how much the potatoes have grown these last couple of day





With regard to my back, I wish to thank those who have shown sympathy. To be honest, I have had twinges for several days before I went to dig the lavender up. I only think I aggravated the cause. I am sure that I have had, and still do to a lesser degree Fibrositis. My hot water bottle treatment certainly has helped a lot.

As you will know, today I had once again to go to the surgery for several tests, including a B.P. test. I knew this would be very high. I guess I am fortunate in as much as when I have high B.P. I have blood vessels burst in my eye. Generally my right eye but the other day, it was my left one. I now have to see a Doctor. It is obvious that I am not responding to the medication that I was given. I saw the receptionist who I know and like very much. She told me that there was not a vacancy to see a Doctor until next week. I told her it was urgent so I will go on Thursday morning to see the Doctor who I saw last time so that is good, I also like him as he is thorough. By the way, although my back is not completely free of pain, I will not be using my hot water bottle. If the pain returns then reluctantly I will have to go on a course of treatment which I do not really want. I will keep my fingers crossed. More soon.

1 comment:

  1. Distraction is a good thing to practice to get around duller aches and pains, don't you find?

    When I have something nagging at me I find the best treatment is to do something really interesting and simply take my mind of it.

    I'm quite certain that a lot of the discomfort is psycho-babble!

    Oh and the joys of a greenhouse - and living so far south.

    ReplyDelete