Tuesday 17 May 2011

Chickens

Well last night I duly went and watered the greenhouse of the neighbours. This morning I went and let the chickens out. To my surprise as they tumbled out of their coop an egg also fell out onto the floor. It did not break so no damage was done. I checked and found another egg. As I use eggs very sparingly, I hope that they do not lay too many. Or to be more precise, I hope that the man who comes in the evening to see to the pigeons and shuts the chickens up, also checks to see if the chickens have laid any eggs.
The chickens seem to be O.K I will go tomorrow early to let them out as I am going to Grantham to see my Sisters and also to have my eyes examined. I bet the chickens will be happy as this morning they were clucking ready to be let out. I guess this was about 7 45am. I don't know what time the owners let them out but the birds went immediately to the food bin and started eating.
As for tomorrow, I will call in at the local supermarket, get some groceries and then go to the opticians, which is in the shopping precinct.
I will also fill up with fuel so I will have some idea as to how many miles to each gallon I use. It is a habit to talk of gallons as I was bought up with these measures. I know that fuel is served by litres, but I always convert it back to gallons. Silly of me I know.
So I will see what tomorrow brings. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment