Friday 20 May 2011

Friend called

Well my friend called on Wednesday afternoon, it was nice to see him as always. He told me that when he went home last time he was caught speeding doing 38 in a 30 mph. speed limit. He told me that the camera was just inside the 30mph. just before that the speed was 40mph. Anyway when they contacted him they gave him the option of sending his licence to Swansea with payment of £60 and have 3 penalty points on his licence or he could attend a school regarding speeding. This he has decided to do. Mind you the cost is £90 to attend this lecture just for a day. His licence will be clean though.
I went to open up the chickens earlier in the day and collected 2 eggs. I gave him and his wife both of them. His wife is one of those women who can not save anything and immediately told me that she would have it for tea. Anyway it went to good use.
Thursday morning I went to open the chickens up ans once again there were 2 eggs. My Italian friend rung me up and asked me if I would be in a little later. I told him I would so he called to see me about 10.00am.
He duly arrived with a cucumber plant. This was a pleasant surprise. I will set it in the greenhouse tomorrow. In a general conversation he told me that he had been to Lydl last week and there they were selling Lemon Trees ans Orange Trees. The Orange Trees were a very small Orange so he was not interested but the Lemon Tree was great. It had 2 lemons on that were ready. He told me that it was a little expensive at £19. I told him it was a very good price. He told me that he has taken the lemons off the tree and already used one of them. There were lots of small fruit and flowers on but several small fruits fell off. I told him that this was natural as they had come from Italy, his birth place and here in this country the difference in temperature would be large. Anyway he has transplanted it into another larger pot. He told me that in the winter he wants to bring it indoors. I hope it thrives as they can be a little difficult to look after. Well I gave him the 2 eggs that I picked up. He was very pleased as they were large.
I made him laugh though when I told him that next door wanted the daughter to postpone the wedding as the pigeons had just started to do very well, for the first time.
Today I went to the birds about 7.30am. There was 1 egg, I was pleased that there was no more. I guess that the guy who feeds the pigeons and shuts the chickens up at night takes the eggs that are there when he goes to shut them in.
Later when I went to water the greenhouse, I gave the chickens some water, so hopefully there will be enough water to last them until they return, Monday.
Lastly, I was taking my water that I had used to wash my pots, out in the garden to put on some plants when I heard a shout. It was the NEW next door neighbours. They were introducing themselves. 4 altogether. They told me their named but I told them I would have to ask them several times again before I would remember. They were just visiting as no furniture was delivered. Incidentally they only live a few miles away.
Finally I managed to check the MPG on my car. To be honest I did not let my fuel tank let get low. In fact I could only get in just over 18 litres of diesel in. However I checked and found that my average MPG was 67. Considering I do quite a lot of small journeys, I can't grumble. I will of course keep on checking and perhaps next time will let the fuel tank get well below half empty.
that is all for now. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment