Monday 23 May 2011

Neighbours



These are a few Aquilegias. Some are self set but most I bought. They look nice at this time of year.


The next picture shows the red Geums up a treat. In the background are Pyrethrums. I set them by seed a couple of years ago. They do look well.


More Pyrethrums, I was fortunate in having so many different shades of light pink to a rich red.

Well my duties of looking after the chickens has come to an end. To be honest, I rather enjoyed getting up fairly early, around 7.15am. to let them out. this morning was no exception, however there were 2 eggs so I have 5 saved from the week . All I did was look into the nest boxes when I let them out. I also checked the water, the man who shut them up at night, also fed them as well as the pigeons. Anyway the owner told me that when she checked them when she got home this afternoon, there were 3 eggs.

The neighbours have also moved in the other side of me. Well I think they have, I first saw them on Friday and they introduced themselves to me. Don't ask me their names as I have a head like a sieve. They told me that moving day was to be on Monday. I saw a van outside so presume that they have moved their furniture in. Not the best day for moving. It has been very very windy and this afternoon, we had a sharp shower for about 5 minutes. Definitely the most we have had in months. mind you by tomorrow it will have disappeared.

I think I mentioned it on Friday that my down pipe to my large water butt was blocked so I had to remove most of the guttering to get to the down pipe. Well I mentioned this to my best pal when he called. I was ashamed at the sight of my finger marks so on Saturday, I decided to clean the soffits, fascia and guttering. Mind you it took me most of the day, working for short periods. Now they look much cleaner. Just as well really as next door has had new white UPVC guttering fitted, so mine doesn't look out of place. More soon.




1 comment:

  1. Hooray for newly laid eggs!

    And - yes, certainly nice looking flowers.

    ReplyDelete