Friday 30 March 2012

Fuel?

Today I was in the garden and the young man next door was picking daffodils and spoke to me. I asked him why he was picking the daffs. He then told me that the weather was about to change so they might as well have a few flowers in the house rather than let them get damaged outside.
He then asked me if I had managed to get any fuel. I told him the tale of going to Grantham where the traffic was horrendous but I managed to get filled up near here. Of course I told him where. He then told me that they were restricting each caller to £25 worth of petrol or diesel. Also he told me that in Mablethorpe there was no petrol and very little at all in Louth. I did mention to him that in Skegness the queues were bad at every filling station. As he works in Immingham I asked him if he had sufficient and then suggested that he could call at our local Garage. I also told him that I would presume that there would be fuel there as it is very expensive. He told me he had not thought of going there but here in the rural community fuel was expensive everywhere and you had to go to Skegness to get cheaper fuel. The savings are about 8p a litre. Mind you I have enough now for a few weeks as I do not go travelling a lot. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment