Thursday 22 March 2012

Phone call

Yesterday my old employee called me. It is always nice to hear from him but he generally rings me when he is on his way home from something to do with his job.
It was like that last night, he told me he had just come away from the Company meeting in London and was on his way back home. He lives in Exeter, a long way to go.
Anyway he asked me about the Budget and specifically about the fuel increase which is due in August. I had to tell him that it had not been scrapped so was going to be implemented in August. He was rather disappointed. He told me that last year his expenses were around £12,000 which £10.000 was due to motoring expenses. I didn't say anything to him but I thought I had never earned £12.000 a year in my life. Mind you I have not worked since 1997.
We talked for about an hour and when we finished it was too late for me to contact my mate who I had tried to contact on Tuesday only to find it was engaged. No doubt he will tell me how much electricity he has produced these last few days. I must admit I have done very well these last few days. I have produced about 37kw. hours over the last 4 days. Mind you, it will come to a sudden stop for tomorrow it is forecasting a dull day. In fact the next 3 days are not promising.
This morning when I woke it was foggy but it cleared before 8.00am. When I went out to feed the birds I noticed ice on the bird bath so we must not be carried away with the recent warm spell. Mind you, today there has been a cold easterly wind and the temperature just crept up to 12c. Tomorrow though is going to be a lot colder according to the weather men.
I did manage to set a row of peas outside today but small seeds will not be set just yet. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment