Monday 5 March 2012

Welcome rain?

I put a question mark regarding the welcome rain because it is a double edged sword for me.
As I am a producer of solar electricity rainy days are not productive for me but to be honest, we desperately needed the wet stuff.
It started Sunday morning around 8.30am. It was light for quite some time, in fact I rung my Sister up in Grantham, not to see if it was raining but to ask how her Daughter had got on having her 2nd, child. In the process she told me that it was raining heavily there. Here some areas of my back yard were not wet. Mind you a couple of hours later they certainly were. It seemed to get heavier with each passing hour and darker too.
Around 3.30pm I was in my kitchen and looked out, I was sure there was some flakes of snow in the rain and the wind was blowing quite strongly. Within a few minutes it was snowing hard and within an hour most of the ground was covered. It continued snowing but as it turned dark around 5.45pm the snowflakes got smaller. I looked out of my front and noticed that my driveway was getting covered. The neighbours car was white all over. However when I next looked out the snow had once again turned to rain.
This morning when I got up, it was cold with gale force northerly winds and occasional rain. It continued like that for almost all of today with the ground finally beginning to dry soon after 4.00pm. Mind you we didn't see the sun at all today. The good thing though is that we have had the most rain we have had in many weeks and all of my water butts are once again full. Yes I lost out with the lack of sun but I will not complain at all. On Wednesday I have to contact my FIT team with my first reading. I will not get much but I will be grateful for what I receive. I have, hopefully several months of longer sunny days ahead. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment