Tuesday 20 March 2012

Nice weather

These last couple of days have been a little warmer and sunnier. All you get on the News is that it is very dry. We have had plenty of rain recently. So much so that the ground is still a little too wet to do any sowing of seeds.
With the warm sunshine, I had to once again dig my raised beds. The recent heavy rais had compacted the soil. Even with the sunshining the ground was not really dry enough to take a full spade. I used a garden fork and even in parts where the sun had not shone much there was a tendency for the soil to stick to the fork. With a few days of sunshine though, the ground will be sufficiently dry to start to sow the first of the root vegetables.
Yersterday my Sister rung me and asked if I could give her the latest offers on fuel on the internet. I did tell her that most of the offers were for internet users only. My Sister does not have access to the internet. Why I can't understand as she was familiar with Computers for years and used one in her job. She did tell me some sad news though. My eldest Sister has just been told that she has cancer. I think she said Non Hodgkins Lymphonia. It is her Birthday in early April so I will try to get over to see her next week. She is 4 years older than I am. Let us hope that something can be done to help her. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment