Thursday 29 March 2012

Headless chickens

As I said yesterday I was going to Grantham today.
The traffic was horrendous, my Sister told me that every day that the schoolchildren were at school, the traffic was near gridlock from 8.30am to 9.30am. What compounded the situation was the bottlenecks near Petrol Stations. Thank goodness I managed to get to Morrison's and do my shopping first. Morrison's don't have a filling station on site.
Going to my Sister's I pass ASDA. Filling Station. I think there are 4 different filling areas each having 2 pumps. There were art least 50 cars either waiting in a queue or waiting to get on to their site. I hurriedly went to my Sister's. She told me that yesterday was just the same. She asked me if I was going to hunt around for some fuel but I told her I had enough to get home.
I eventually left her home around 10.15am. The traffic was still very bad and it wasn't until I got out of town that the traffic returned to something like normality.
I went to a small local Filling Station that is attended service. Yes there were 2 cars there but I only had to wait a few minutes. You see there are benefits of living in the country.
I rung my mate up a little earlier and he told me that Skegness had been similar to Grantham with queues around every filling station. I reminded him that so far no strike had been ordered and fuel was still being delivered regularly.
What on earth is the Country coming to?
By the way, I went and tried to take a photo of Grantham Town Hall and Isaac Newton. What a disaster. Firstly I only managed to get a small part of the Town Hall. The second was of a tree nothing like Isaac Newton. I must inform my American friend of my complete failure. The worst of it is that I have no idea what I did wrong. Oh dear. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment