Wednesday 18 August 2010

Large runner beans



Well, these are the latest runner beans Enorma, they are really large too well over 30cm long many of them. Last year I had on over 19 long about 46cm. They are perfect for showing. As you can also see, there are many flowers on also. I always set another seed about 1 month after the first one so that I will have a continuation of runner beans picking them weather permitting well into October.



These are my leeks, the weather has not been good for leeks this year but hopefully they will be reasonable and will fill out some more.
I must admit, these last few days I have something very serious on my mind, so have not spent as long as I would wish here but it may be that one day I will explain all to everyone.
Late today we had a shower, these all help to keep the runner beans growing and I am picking plenty. I am getting windfall apples from my Bramley apple tree. I gave the next door neighbour several today, I was hoping also to be able to give her some of my cultivated blackberries. The only ones that are ripe, are the odd ones at the head of the bunch but within the next week or so I am sure that they will begin to ripen nicely. I also has a plum off the tree today, not quite ready yey though. There are plenty on lots are small but some are of a decent size. By the way, my neighbour finished the hedge today. I hope to take a photo of it tomorrow. It sure looks different. I kniow one thing, it will make my life easier when it comes to trimming the hedge. Well that is all for niow. More soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment