Tuesday 3 August 2010





This is the other hazel nut tree I have, I have taken aclose up to show a few nuts and an overall photo to show the size of the tree. If you look closely, you will see a few nuts in the longshot.


The other 2 photos are obviously of the cabbage white butterflies enjoying the nectar of the lavender. There are loads of them there every day, still I like lavender.
Now to other things. I mentioned yesterday I went to the nurse to have my blood tested. Well we are friends as I have been seeing her to have blood tests for about 5 years. I used to go for tests every fortnight, it was gradually reduced so now I go about every 3 months so we do not see one another so regular. I have given her tomato plants for the last 4 years, she once told me that she never managed to have any tomatoes but since I have given her plants, she has done well. This year no exception, she told me she was inundated with plum tomatoes although the cherry ones were still green.
I have known she has a parrot and 2 dogs, one is an old labrador and the other is a young poodle. Last time she told me it was an apricot colour. I know that these are expensive. Well yesterday she told me that she had taken her bitch to be mated with another apricot poodle. I knew this was going to be expensive so asked her how much it had cost her. To be honest I can't truthfully remember but it was either £200 or £300. She then informed me as to the cost of puppies that her poodle could have. She was told by the dog owner that she should expect about 8 puppies and sell them for a minimum price of £700 each. Well that took her breath away. She retorted that who in rural Lincolnshire would spend that amount. The dog owner then told her that she must advertise on the internet and the puppies would certainly go. I then told her that my sister, who lives in Scotland wanted a Chihuahua and saw one for sale in Wragby at least 250 miles from wher she lived. I think it cost her £200 and that was about 10 years ago, I call them glorified rats but everyone to their taste. This seemed to settle her down and I think she realises that £700 is possible for pedigree puppies. I will of course keep you informed as to whether the bitch is pregnant and if so, how many puppies she sells. More soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment