Monday 9 August 2010



This is where I live, yes out in the country. The front view is from just outside my front door. Looking straight ahead is the North Sea about 1.5 miles away say 2.5km. As you will notice there are very few houses around. There are about 6 properties close together and my property has about the smallest plot of land. Even so it stands on about 1/5th of an acre, plenty large enough for me now I am getting older.
My friend rung me tonight from Derbyshire, it seems as if we here have been inundated with pests when inland they have been spared somewhat. I have never seen white fly in such abundance before, they have been swarms of them and no matter what plant you touch, there are loads of white flies about. I set some peas in my polytunnel about 3 weeks ago, well I wondered what was happening to them as they seemed to die off. My sight is not good these days but on a close inspection I saw that they were covered in black fly, the ones like green fly but are black. He is bringing his wife down to the seaside so will call to see me. I told him that this week was not so good as for 2 days I have medical appointments, he knows about Thursday but did not know about Friday. they will be able to see just how poor my garden is. Mind you I have some Gardeners Delight tomatoes ripening nicely. A photo of them will be shown soon, also my blackberries are coming on well. I also noticed today that I have a plum that will soon be ready. I am looking forward to them. I hope I beat the wasps. The grapes are getting a little sweeter, the skins were tough but seem to be less tough the longer I leave them on the vine. There are so many small ones on. I can assure all that this will not happen next year if it is left to me.
As to the weather, rain is still very scarce and today someone complained to the weather woman as she promised rain today and for many hours we had unbroken sunshine and temperatures in the 80s. 28c. She just said that they had got it wrong. We all knew that still we must not complain too much as in many parts of the world, they are in such a dreadful state, Pakistan and China with floods and Russia with drought and fires. We have a lot to be thankful for here. Well that is it for today. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment