Monday 2 August 2010


At last I manage to get several cabbage white butterflies captured on my lavender. It attracts all sorts of insects but in general only cabbage white butterflies.

These are 4 photos of my kitchen diner. The photo was taken about 6.00pm

that in the corner is my microwave.

Notice my oven it is about 18 months old and is a Cannon Chesterfield. Next to it is my stainless steel sink whuch is about 12 months old

The cooker hood is also about 12 months old. just to the left of the C.H. boiler is my Kenwood mixer. This must be well over 10 years old.
Now to the news. On Thursday I said I may go travelling on Friday, I was disappointed not to go but one day I may explain more.
Saturday was an unusual day, I was in the garden and heard an unusual noise, turning around I saw this young hen. I didn't give it a thought as to take a photo of it, mores the pity. Anyway I had no top on so I went to get it off one of the raised beds and it followed me clucking. I put my top on and went to pick it up. To my surprise it made no effort to get away. I then took it through my home and went to the lady next door. I think I have told you before that she keeps me supplied with eggs. Incidentally, she had told me the day before that she had gained a chicken as it just turned up . Taking this chicken round next door, it immediately took interest as it noticed some familiar surroundings. She went with me and I put it in the pen. She said the others were pecking it a little. I informed her that in general after a day or so they stop doing it. Yesterday she told me that it had gone and laid an egg. Didn't take long to settle down.
This morning I went to see the nurse I see regular. I asked her how the tomatoes were performing, she told me that she was inundated with plum tomatoes but the others were not quite ready yet. She had told me ages ago that she had a grape vine. well she was very disappointed because it has a disease, she told me that there were lots of grapes on but they had gone mouldy. She said she was going to dig it up and get a new one. I suggested that she went and bought a seedless grape. Incidentally, mine are coming on nicely, touch wood. The last few days it has been a little dull and cooler, generally dry though. My postman, who has been on holiday all last week told me that the appleswere dropping off the trees. I just told him that the same was happening to mine and it was onlt the tree shedding what it could not sustain. His runner beans are like mine, nothing germinated at the base but things were setting nicely and he was beginning to harvest some beans. I will tell you more about my nurse friend tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment