Thursday 29 July 2010

A few failures


This is one of my failures. I think I have mentioned it before that I am not over keen on Roses.These seem to have blackspot and shed most of their leaves. They do produce new leaves though. I guess this is why I am not too keen on growing roses.

This is an update of my grapes. As you will see thay are ripening nicely, I have tried the odd one and although they are nice they are not quite sweet enough. By the way, the photos of the grapes are to be honest the best bunches, some are smaller bunches. Still I am happy. Will keep all informed.



The runner beans are just beginning to get a few on so I should soon get quite a few to give to my next door neighbour. Her partner simply loves runner beans.





This is my other failure. I just do not know what has happened to it. There was a free millenium treat for all readers of a daily newspaper. It was one that my late Mother used to have. Anyway she saved it for me and it offered 3 trees to be planted to celebrate the millenium. The trees were I think a sweet chestnut, a hawthorn and 2 types of hazelnut. I chose the hazelnuts ans sweet cherry. As I have a large garden I knew that sweet chestnuts grow up to 30feet plus or 10 metres. I told my neighbour that I would plant it near our dividing fence telling her that I hoped in years to come she would be able to pick chestnuts. Well after 4 years of no growth I decided to move it to a more open space, but as you can see, it is still very small. A sort of bonzai tree. It is just 2ft tall or 60cm. I honestly think iot has grown a little this year but with the lack of rain it is not the best time to assess if it will ever grow larger. I had a rabbit guard until early this year, so let us see if it helps. It looks healthy though.
Finally I think I have to go out travelling tomorrow so I may not write a blog. I will though try my very best.



No comments:

Post a Comment