Thursday 15 July 2010

At last some rain










Well on Tuesday night we had some rain in fact it was a heavy shower with some thunder, last night was similar and today we had another heavy shower. It has also turned cooler. I had to go for blood tests this morning, so I got up early before 6.00am and about 6 30 I decided to pick more cherries. It was just as well as the wasps were eating them . I guess that there were several dozen wasps eating the fruit. It is funny though, I did not bother much about them and they were intent on eating the cherries. Well I picked the majority of them then decided to take the netting off so that the blackbirds could also help themselves. I made a punnet up and packed them ready for Dave the postman. I waited all yesterday morning to catch him, just my luck, it was his day off. I did not expect to see him as my appointment was for 10.00am at the surgery about 3 miles away 5k. As it happened I saw him on my way to the surgery and I knew I would get mail so left them out by the front door. He managed to get them so hopefully I will see him tomorrow.




After having my blood tested, I went to the local town to see my friends who took over the business form me 13 years ago. Unfortunately, the photos of the kiosk were blurred. I will try again next time I go. I did take photos of the beach, you will notice that it was deserted, it has been cool and showery these last few days. I did take them a few potatoes that I dug up fresh this morning and some cherries. The potatoes were small and the ground is still very dry.




By the way if you look carefully you can see the small town in the distance, mind you it is a wonderful beach. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment