Tuesday 6 July 2010

Health

Yesterday, Monday I went to see the local doctor with health problems. He was not too pleased, he has arranged for me to have blood tests and has made an appointment to see him again Monday week. Today I went to the hospital for my review with my consultant gastroenterologist. he was also not too pleased, I now have to go for an internal inspection in August. Oh well. such is life.


Now to other things. Once again we have had no sign of rain at all. However my shallots are almost dry. I will show photos another time. Recently there has been many small brown butterflies. I think they are skippers. I managed today to get a photo of one with it's wings open. They almost every time land on a flower and close their wings. I also took a couple of photos of the small tortoishell butterflies. Last year we were informed that there was a shortage of these butterflies due to some insects eating their eggs. I did not notice any difference, this year too, there have been lots about. I managed to get a close up of one on a scabious. I like the flowers the bees also like them.


With the weather being hot, the cherries are almost ready. I will take a photo of them when I start to pick them, I guess it will be Thursday or Friday.


I stopped off at my Italian friend on my way home from hospital. About 3 years ago I gave him several strawberry plants, this year he has had lots and his wife has been eating them every day. He gave me either a nectarine or a peach tree which has grown from a stone that was thrown away. I did not wish to disappoint him but almost certainly it will firstly grow huge and secondly will probably not come true as it could well be a hybrid. I doubt if I will live long enough to see the outcome. I did look at his grape vine and his grape are not a lot larger than mine, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Let us hope for rain soon. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment