Wednesday 28 July 2010

Haircut


As promised several days ago I said I was going to dig up a root of Home Guard potatoes, first I must apologise for not giving you any idea as to the size of them, the tops had completely died off so they had finished growing. Although there were plenty of potatoes on they were so small, the largest being the size of a golf ball. The worst thing was that when I cooked them some started to break up so I will NOT be trying them again. I will see what my postman friend has to say about his. I will let you know if his are similar to mine.

Now these are the runner bean Enorma. I am not sticking my chest out, it is just to give you some idea as to thje size of them. The ruler is a metric one and it is about a foot long. These are not the best croppers, but if showing they would be great to show. Last year I had one runner bean that was over 19" long 48cm. Incidentally I am not getting many beans at all yet.

Yes, today I went for a haircut, although there were plenty in I did not put my foot in it at all. Mind you there was this man he would be about 60 and with him 2 children, I asked them if they lived here or was on holiday. The little girl told me where she came from and I asked him if they were on holiday. To my surprise he said that they were here for a few days as their Grandfather had died. I of course said I was sorry but he replied that he was 94 so that was that. I thought the little boy who he had bought to have his hair cut, as well as him having one, the lad would only be about 2. Grandfather 94 and the lad about 2. I daren't say anything like have you got a very young wife? there were a few young lads having their haircut. The charge es were varied. Mine is £3.50. one lad who was in the chair when I walked in was charged £4.80. Another man £5.00. I know that I get good value for money but he was very busy, he asked me what I was doing today, I told him that I was going to the bank after having my haircut. He informed me that he was also going to the bank after he closed. He told me that he closed at lunchtime on a Wednesday. Perhaps that was why he was busy.

We have had a light shower today, not a lot of good but it was a lot cooler and rather cloudy so the ground is not getting so baked. See what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment