Monday 19 July 2010

Back to the heat






Wow,



Once again it is terribly hot, this afternoon the temperature was 29c, too hot for me, also the amount of rain has been next to nil. Still I am beginning to get some produce out of the garden.



the cherries are now about finished, the wasps have had a field day but I have had my fair share of them, I gave several lots away so I must not grumble, the size was good considering the lack of rain. The grapes(more like blackcurrants) are beginning to ripen, I gues they will be ready in about 3 weeks time, well some of them anyway.



As you will notice with the photos, I have a nice marrow, it was a courgette which I let grow, also the runner beans are coming on nicely. The large ones are Enorma and the smaller ones are Scarlet Emperor. I am about 2 weeks late this year due to the late frosts. I have had 4 meals off them so far. I have also had quiet a few beetroot, tried to pull some carrots up and with the hard dry ground, I left half a carrot in the soil on a few accasions. Will have to get the fork and loosen them.



Went to the G.P this morning and I am not happy as I have to go again for further blood tests and eventually make another appointment to see him in about 6 weeks. Further to my visit on August 12th for an internal inspection, the next day I have to go to the diabetic clinic. Will it ever end?



Tomorrow for a change, I have a man coming to service my C.H. boiler, thank goodness I have his mobile number, last year I waited in all day and he turned up at just after 5.00pm.



Let us see what happens. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment