Friday 23 July 2010

Butterflies















This time I will try to post some butterflies, I have a red admiral that took ages for me to catch it with the wings open. They are not as common as they were several years ago. Also I feel a little sad when I take the pea haulms up after picking the peas, also the broad beans, my mind seems to tell me that summer will soon be over. It is funny really because the last business which was the kiosk on the car park by the sea, the season didn't start really until this week end which is the start of the local school holidays which last for about 6 weeks.





I really do wish I knwe how to get the best out of this blog, if there is anybody who reads this hae suggestions, I am willing to listen to them. I have never had any training on computers at all so I am a complete novice. My age also doesn't help. I will always be grateful to the young German for giving me the basic knowledge. Anyway I will try to post butterflies then if possible some photos of my apple trees and a hazel nut tree. If I make a bit of a mess, please forgive me.





Well here goes. Butterflies, red admiral, peacock and small tortoishell. Apple trees, Sunset a cox type but better where I live, ready late September and will keep until late February. James Grieve, this apple can be used as an eater or a cooker. It is ready in late August, early September. They will keep if kept in the salad box in the fridge until after Christmas. The other is a Bramley, a 100% cooker. Everyone in the U.K. will know what this apple is. I have kept the odd one in the fridge and used it in June, this year was no difference. I did manage to use it in june as an apple sauce for a pork chop. It was quite sweet too. Let us see what happens to the photos. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment