Friday 2 July 2010

Still Hot

Again it has been a hot day, the forecasters keep saying it is getting cooler but not here. It is approachig 8.00pm and the temperature outside is 26c. It is tiring and I am beginning to wonder if it is too late if we get any rain. The peas have looked the best I have had for years but unfortunately they are now getting old before they are getting filled. I do have a small row that I have put some water on. You will see just how good they look. These are Hurst Greenshaft. I consider these to be the best early main crop around. There is another called Greensage, these are a little smaller and do not need sticking and are more of a leafless type. Anyway Greenshaft are a long sweet pea and have 9 or 10 peas oper pod regular. Quite often 11 are found too.

As you will see, my cherries are ripening and the photo is of the variety Stella. They are a beautiful sweet cherry, you must let them ripen fully though. It seems like they almost grow 20% more as they are ripening.

My teeth are playing up once again. This horrible Colitis, still there is nothing I can do, have you noticed that toothache always occurs at weekends when there is not a dentist available? I hope that I can get an appointment before Tuesday, this is when I have my next appointment with my Gastroenterologist.

We will see what happens. I hope that within the next week we get some appreciable rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment